Contribution to the Community Award Sponsored by Bentley, Supported by Cheshire Connect
This award is open to a commercial business that has made a positive, measurable and outstanding contribution to a local charity or not for profit organisation based in the Crewe and Nantwich area. Contribution to the community activities should be over and above the core activity of the business therefore this category is not expected to attract charities or community benefit organisations.
The judges will be looking for a business that by using their influence, innovation and passion has brought about lasting sustainable change that is making a difference within one or more of the following categories:
- Skills Exchange – sharing expertise, knowledge, methodologies, advice and guidance
- Philanthropy – providing important financial assistance
- Partnerships – delivering vital support programmes and services
- Corporate volunteering – supporting employees to participate in volunteering and / or fundraising activities and events
- Environmental awareness – sustainability initiatives such as reducing carbon footprint, green energy generation and / or economic energy consumption, waste management, recycling and sustainable materials sourcing
The judges will want to see
- Details of the type of positive impact that initiatives and projects have made on the local community e.g. Income generation, enhanced learning, efficiencies, best practice and people development
- Evidence of positive outcomes (The judges may ask to speak to beneficiaries of your initiatives / projects)
- An overview of the sustainability and / or long term impact of initiatives or projects
- Details of any existing core business policies or mission statements and how initiatives align with these.